Remote Learning Resource Page
K-5 General Music Resources
Click on the picture to the left visit the Music Play website. Music Play is a wonderful resource for all grade levels. Have a blast exploring many musical games including instrument challenges and fun rhythm activities! Through the generosity of the creator of Music Play, we have this resource free of change using the below username and password.
Carnegie Hall Instruments of the Orchestra
4th Grade Recorder
4th Grade recorder players may continue practicing their instruments. If you're looking for an interactive way to practice, check out the game Recorder Master by clicking HERE. Once there, click on "PLAY FOR FREE" to begin. You will need an email and password to login.
Marsalis On Music Videos
Enjoy these videos of master teacher Wynton Marsalis exploring musical form, how to practice and why toes tap! Click on the links below to watch.
Technology-Free Music Activities
- Have a dance party with your family! You can have a dance party to practically any song, but here are some song suggestions are: Happy, Haida, the Lion Sleeps Tonight and Taj Mahal's Goin' Fishin' Blues, My Favorite Things, Maple Leaf Rag, Ragtime Annie.
- Ask Alexa to play your favorite songs
- Have your mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa share their favorite songs with you
- Go outside and listen to the music of nature (Spring is on its way!)
- Start a kitchen band or an outside band! Get out the pots and pans, or play with sticks on a tree!
- Read a book and act out the story. Add in costumes or make up your own story!
- Write your own music and perform it for your stuffed animals
- Music Monster: Draw your own music monster using music symbols
- Music Symbol Search: How many can you find